The Metropolitan Nursery School was established in 1966 by Metropolitan Memorial United Methodist Church to serve its members and the community. It is the school’s philosophy that young children thrive best in a small family-oriented, nurturing environment. It is this philosophy and the continuity of a warm and caring faculty that gives the school its special style and flavor.
- Provide a Christian environment for children’s early learning experiences.
- Provide the opportunity to learn and practice a concern for others.
- Develop each child’s self-confidence, sense of identity and self-respect.
- Provide an atmosphere of freedom for each child to grow and learn in their unique way.
- Encourage children to understand that learning is exciting, fun, creative, unending, and infinitely varied.
- Promote children’s growth in physical, social, emotional and cognitive development.
- Foster a love of the country and concern for God’s universe.